Employer: Sir Henry Royce Memorial Foundation, The Hunt House, High Street, Paulerspury, Northants, NN12 7NA
Salary: In the region of £30,000 pa commensurate with ability and experience.
Status: Permanent, full-time** following a six-month probationary period.
Interviews: Will take place at the Hunt House and ideally the successful candidate should be able to start work by mid to end of May 2018.
An opportunity for an experienced Business Manager has arisen at the Sir Henry Royce Memorial Foundation situated in Northamptonshire. The successful applicant will have responsibility for the smooth running of our small office to ensure that the needs and expectations of the Chairman, Executive Committee and membership are met at all times. The Foundation is a charitable company and further details about its aims are on the website, (www.henryroyce.org.uk) together with a copy of the Job Description.
The Business Manager vacancy is an autonomous role and the position will suit you if you have good interpersonal and presentation skills with proven business management experience. You will also need to be self-motivated with a positive disposition.
You will provide a full range of office management duties and have excellent oral and written communication skills. The ability to manage staff (presently a PT Admin Assistant and Archivist) and experience with Microsoft Office Suite; databases and maintaining a website; event organisation, including SHRMF’s prestigious lectures/dinners. Experience of Sage accounting systems, pay roll and charitable administration and management is desirable but not essential as training and support will be provided.
The biggest challenge for the successful candidate will be to grow the revenue stream for the Foundation by maximising funding opportunities through marque enthusiasts, the opportunities within the existing Hunt House facilities and thirdly, identify and develop new revenue streams with local businesses.
**Typical working hours are 09 00 hr to 17 00 hr and full time is preferred. However, the Foundation is prepared to consider part time should the right candidate be appointed. There may be some flexibility with hours worked and you will be expected to cover occasional early evening and weekend events where time off in lieu will be given or exceptionally overtime paid. Annual leave entitlement is 28 days (inclusive of standard UK Bank Holidays) Salary and annual leave will be paid pro-rata for part time working.
Please submit applications by email to [email protected] outlining qualifications with CV, demonstrating how your experience and skills match the job requirements together with two referees by no later than 30 April 2018.
Job Title: Business Manager
Location: The Hunt House, Paulerspury, Northamptonshire NN12 7NA.
Hours of work: Five days a week, 9 am to 5 pm with some flexibility and evening/weekend working to cover SHRMF Events.
Contract: Permanent, following six-month probationary period.
Managed by: Chairman of SHRMF (including six-monthly Annual Appraisals).
Reports to: Chairman and Executive Committee SHRMF.
- Self-starter, enthusiastic, motivated individual with the ability to work autonomously.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Strong IT skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel) and other commonly used office packages, such as membership databases.
- The ability to prioritise tasks and work under pressure.
- Lead motivate and supervise the work of others.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- Flexibility and adaptability to changing workloads.
- A problem-solving approach to work.
- Project management skills with ability to follow a project through from concept to completion.
- Dependable and professional.
- Able to delegate responsibilities.
- Understand financial reports and effectively manage budgets.
- Experience of charitable administration/management activities.
Overall Responsibility: Manage the operation of SHRMF effectively and efficiently to ensure that the needs and expectations of the Chairman, Executive Committee and membership are met at all times. Maintain regular contact with the Rolls-Royce Enthusiasts’ Club’s (SHRMF’s tenants) General Manager to ensure the two organisations are working together and supporting each other in their aims.
- Provide effective feedback to Chairman and Executive Committee.
- Oversee accounting procedures and preparing monthly reports for SHRMF Accountant and Treasurer.
- Recruit, discipline, supervise, guide, motivate and manage Foundation staff including annual appraisals and ensure adequate cover is provided during times of absence.
- Maintain a high level of public awareness through regular articles in the Bulletin, the bi-monthly magazine of the members of the RREC.
- Support the Chairman in the writing of the SHRMF Annual Report.
- Organise and attend regular Board Meetings, including the timely circulation papers/reports and the taking of minutes.
- Identify business opportunities, including membership numbers of the Foundation thereby generating a profitable income stream.
- Regularly maintain the SHRMF website and have an understanding of the power and importance of this form of communication. Maintain the email facility and manage all aspects of IT security.
- Hands on experience of event organisation and management.
- Check that data protection laws are being adhered to in relation to storage of data. Review and update policies as and when required.
- Support Trustees/Directors of SHRMF as required.
- Ensure the Hunt House is maintained to a high standard in accordance with the lease and all Health & Safety requirements are adequately addressed and met in consultation with designated SHRMF Trustee Director and the RREC.
- Manage all aspects of visits to the Hunt House from outside groups together with the Foundation’s programme of prestigious lectures.
- Co-ordinate the Foundation’s presence at the RREC Rally held in June each year and the Classic Motor Show held at the NEC in November, plus other events as required.
Consults with: Chairman, Deputy Chairman, Treasurer, Foundation Trustees and General Manager (RREC).